The following inspirational quotes for senior citizens can help shed a positive light on transitioning into assisted living. Moving mom or dad into an assisted living community is not an easy decision to make, nor is it an easy one to bring up, and understandably so. After living independently for years, it’s difficult to transition into assisted living, especially if the decision isn’t yours to begin with.
Experts recommend taking seniors to a variety of assisted living facilities so they can check out their options and see how great these places can be. Focusing on the future instead of the past is key to feeling good about moving into assisted living. In the past one lived alone, but there’s a lot to look forward to about the future in assisted living. Like making new friends, having more opportunity for socializing and planned events, chef-prepared meals, and so forth.
In the meantime, here are some inspirational quotes for seniors that’ll help shed light on the beauty of ageing no matter if you reside at home, in assisted living or a nursing home.
10 Inspirational Quotes for Senior Citizens
The following inspirational quotes for seniors can help bring a smile before, during and after the transition into assisted living.
1. “Live your life and forget your age.”—The Fresh Quotes
2. “Old age is an excellent time for outrage. My goal is to say or do at least one outrageous thing every week.” –Maggie Kuhn
- Side note: Being surrounded by people all the time in assisted living provides a better opportunity to take on outrageous activities.
3. “One of the most important phases of maturing is that of growth from self-centering to an understanding relationship to others. A person is not mature until he has both an ability and a willingness to see himself as one among others and to do unto those others as he would have them do to him.” – Harry A. Overstreet
4. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
5. “Aging is not ‘lost youth’ but a new stage of opportunity and strength.” –Betty Friedan
6. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at 20 or 80. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.” –Henry Ford
- Bonus perk: The regular activities and stimuli provided by assisted living communities can help you feel younger for longer.
7. “Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life.” –Daniel Francois Esprit Auber
8. “Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.” – Dr. Robert H. Goddard
9. “A comfortable old age is the reward of a well-spent youth. Instead of it bringing sad and melancholy prospects of decay, it would give us hopes of eternal youth in a better world.” –Lydia M Child
10. Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” –Mark Twain
Stellar Transportation for Seniors
No matter if you live at home or in an assisted living community, we are here to take you wherever you need to go. We specialize in elderly non-emergency medical transportation for patients with full mobility, as well as wheelchair, stretcher, and walker patients. Contact us today for a free quote for local or long distance transportation.